Hi. So I had some obstacles come up, some personal problems and one of my actors unfortunately could not make it to filming. So, I have decided (with the advice from my teacher) to create a new opening idea.
With this new story there are a couple to things that I want to include since it will be filmed indoors now and I want to make this process a bit easier for myself but still have a quality product. These things include, low-kye lighting and I was thinking no dialogue in this new story because one, I am no actor so it would be hard to deliver dialogues that seem naturel. Two, I want to be able to show not tell, meaning show emotions through other aspects rather than fully relaying on dialogue.
I have came up with a new story line. It will be about procrastination, to be specific, when one is unable to enjoy procrastinating because they feel anxious and stressed about procrastination but not stressed enough to actually get up and do their work. So, how I plan to portray that is through having 2 same person, for example, person 1 and person 1's inner self. Something similar to that. My biggest inspiration for this idea was myself and my friends; I realized a lot of people struggle with this problem.
The story line is basic, first they get home and put their phone on the table with the time on the home screen showing, that will be critical for the story line as it will help me show time passing. After putting the phone down the person will create a to-do list and while in the making of it they will get a notification on their phone, which than will draw their attention away from what is important, the to-do list, to the phone.
After that scene I was initially thinking of using only jump cuts to show time pass, but I decided to use jump cuts and slow down 1-2 seconds before the inner-self shows up. How I plan to do the inner self is through editing, I will do research and watch videos on how to have "clone yourself through editing." I will be posting a sperate blog on that as well. When the inner-self shows up I plan to use intense music to show the stress and the inner-self pacing back and fourth, looking at to-do list, etc. When the inner-self disappears, the music will be gone, it will be pure diegetic sounds. I plan to make the inner-self appear three times, the third time she will look at herself and lay down beside her as a way of accepting that they will not be getting any work done today so might as well try to relax. Couple of seconds after she lays down next to her physical self (this will be shot from the phone's point of view with the phone screen light shining on them. Because I want to show that the phone, an inanimate object, feels more 'in the moment' and alive than the actual living and breathing person. If that makes sense.) she will receive a assignment notification which will than snap her out of the procrastination rabbit hole. To wrap it up, the main character is going to open her computer and than it ends there. That is to show that this is just a film opening and nothing has actually been closed off.
One of the next blog post will be a story board of the film opening. It will definitely help me and you visualize what I am thinking.
See you on the next one,
- Sonakshi
No comments:
Post a Comment