SCENE ONE – OUTSIDE LIBRARY – DAY
The MAIN CHARACTER and her SISTER walk side by side toward the library. The mood is tense but controlled.
SISTER
You’ve been really quiet lately.
(...)
Have you actually thought about what you’re going to do after this year?
MAIN CHARACTER
I am thinking about it.
SISTER
Thinking isn’t the same as having a plan.
MAIN CHARACTER
Ya I know.
SISTER
You can’t just keep waiting for things to work themselves out.
(They keep walking. The sister’s tone sharpens slightly)
SISTER
I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just saying— life doesn’t slow down because you’re unsure.
MAIN CHARACTER
I didn’t ask for a lecture.
(The sister slows down for a moment, then continues, clearly frustrated.)
SISTER
I’m doing this because someone has to say it. You don’t listen anymore you can’t keep going like this
(angrier, more blunt)
Mom isn’t around to help you anymore!
The MAIN CHARACTER stops in front of the library entrance. Silence.
The sister realizes she went too far.
SISTER
Listen, I’m not—
MAIN CHARACTER
(cutting her off)
Okay, yeah. I got it.
(...)
Can I go now?
The MAIN CHARACTER turns toward the library doors.
CUT.
SCENE TWO – LIBRARY HALLWAY – DAY
The MAIN CHARACTER walks through the library.
The space is quiet, but not comforting.
Books sliding back onto shelves
Soft footsteps echoing
A chair scraping somewhere far away
She enters the room with her friend
SCENE THREE – INT. LIBRARY STUDY ROOM – DAY
The MAIN CHARACTER sits across from her FRIEND. The friend is visibly awkward and nervous. The MAIN CHARACTER looks tired, distant.
FRIEND
So for math, I’m pretty sure the test is on Friday. Or Thursday.
(...)
Actually—yeah, Friday. I think.
The MAIN CHARACTER nods. Doesn’t speak.
FRIEND
And did you finish the English assignment?
(awkward smile)
Because I definitely didn’t.
(No response. The MAIN CHARACTER stares past her.)
FRIEND
…You good?
The FRIEND clicks her pen once. (Click(The pen clicking))
FRIEND
You’ve been kinda quiet lately.
Click. Click.
FRIEND
Like—really quiet.
(The FRIEND leans forward, lowering her voice.)
FRIEND
I mean, I get it. I do.
Your mom being gone and everything… that’s a lot.
(The MAIN CHARACTER blinks. The room feels louder.)
FRIEND
And I understand that it’s hard, but that’s not really a reason to just… disappear on me.
Pen clicking becomes more frequent.
(click. click. click.)
FRIEND
You don’t text back, you don’t talk—
I’m literally sitting right in front of you and it feels like you’re not even here.
(The FRIEND keeps talking, but her voice slowly starts to overlap with other sounds.)
FRIEND (OVERLAPPING, FADED)
—just saying I’m here for you and
you don’t have to shut everyone out—
it’s not fair—
The MAIN CHARACTER’s breathing becomes noticeable.
The pen clicks one last time.
(click
Silence.
The MAIN CHARACTER finally looks up.
Cut before she speaks)
CUT TO BLACK.
No comments:
Post a Comment