Tuesday, October 7, 2025

Sound blog🎵🎙️

     During the sound lesson I learned the different sound editing techniques such as layering. Foley sounds was another concept that was learned through lesson videos. How sound producers use objects, from grapes and a taser to guns, in order to create specific sounds. 

    2 sound projects were assigned; sound project #1 and sound project #2.

    In sound project #1, First we needed to pick a concept of what our overall project was going to be about. Me and my partner choose "hunted house." Than it required a basic outline with scenes and what sounds we are going to utilize in those specific scenes. Finally, we were required to put the sounds together to create a scene with only sound, no video. Approaching this project, it was obvious the scene we would pick needed to be one where a lot of sounds could be produced from. During the brain storming, since me and my partner picked hunted house, we choose sounds that would build up suspense and thrill. The outline helped us a lot with organizing the sounds as we could always go back to it and see when a sound would occur, or which sounds needed to be layered. When editing I used clip champ; layering and messing around with sound volume was utilized a lot. I also utilized foley sounds I had created and sounds from free sounds. Over all I think I did well with the sound layering and overlapping. What I would like to improve though would be, the timing, when same sounds occur at the same time.

SonakshiManuela soundscape p2.m4a

    In sound project #2, it was similar to #1, pick sounds, create an outline, put it all together. The only difference was this time we were required to use the OWF video we had done earlier. With the OWF, it was stated to pick and create sounds that would go well with the video. During brain storming, I was taking in account the background noise or sounds as little as a pen being put down that would be in the video. The outline helped with knowing when sounds are meant to over lap, and what scene would use what sounds. With editing I again used foley sounds I had created and sounds from free sounds. I think I needed to work on the timing more of when the sounds need to occur. But overall I think I did an ok job.
Sonakshi_Soundscapes.mp4

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's finally here!

 It is finally time!  Film opening: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DRhuekdXx6Mpu8XYSQZiYe_QLgGaSd9/view?usp=sharing CCR Q #1 & #2: ht...